Really Simple Syndication (RSS) is an XML-based format for content distribution. Entertainment Tonight offers RSS feeds with headlines, descriptions, and links back to Entertainment Tonight for the full story.
In the meantime, check out some of our most popular feeds:
To get news, stories, and latest info sent right to your desktop you can look into software or web based readers. Standalone applications are simply programs that process RSS feeds for you.
The other type is the plug-in. This app works within an existing program such as Firefox or Internet Explorer. The advantage of having RSS work with an existing app is that you likely have Firefox or IE open already, so the reader becomes a new component of that app.
These content feeds are provided by CBS Interactive Inc. (“CBSI”) for your personal, non-commercial use only, and not for further distribution or incorporation into any other website or platform. Any other uses, including without limitation the distribution of the content feed or the incorporation of advertising into or the placement of advertising associated with or targeted towards the content feed or the content contained therein, are strictly prohibited. You agree that CBSI and its affiliates assume no liability for any of your activities in connection with the content feeds or for your use of the content feeds and you shall indemnify CBSI and its affiliates for the same. By ingesting these content feeds, you agree to adhere to the following terms and conditions:
- You are only permitted to display content made available through the content feeds (“Content”) on your owned and operated website (no embedding by you is permitted). No Content may be displayed on any other platform or application, including but not limited to your social media platforms or any apps.
- Your license to use Content is revocable at CBSI’s discretion and is not sublicensable.
- All video Content must be displayed within CBSI’s embedded video player.
- You are not permitted to modify, copy, edit, distribute or license the Content. All Content must be displayed in its entirety (e.g. you cannot display a portion of an article or display an article without the associated video).
- You may only ingest Content through CBSI’s explicitly approved sources.
- You must adhere to any rights or other Content restrictions communicated by CBSI from time to time, including within any Content metadata.
- You agree to promptly take down Content upon request by CBSI. Without limiting the foregoing, to the extent an expiration date is communicated to you (including via metadata), you agree to remove such Content from your website by the applicable date.
- You agree to adhere to brand guidelines communicated by CBSI from time to time.
- You must automate your ingestion system to obtain a refreshed feed at least three times per hour in order to pick up changes or updates, which must be immediately implemented on your website.
- You are not permitted to place or sell any advertising in connection with the Content.
- CBSI reserves the right to discontinue providing any or all of the Content feeds at any time for any reason.
- If you use a full text feed, you are required to add a link element with the attribute rel=”canonical” to the head section of every story that you choose to publish. The canonical URL specified in each story should be unique according to the source URL provided in the feed. This will indicate to search engines that the show website is the preferred URL for the story.
If you'd like to use the RSS feed for any other purpose, please contact us.